These are a series of 2.4 GHz Radio modules that are all based on the Nordic Semiconductor module nRF24L01. The Nordic nRF 24L01 integrates a complete 2.4GHz RF transceiver, RF synthesizer, and Enhanced ShockBurst™ hardware protocol accelerator supporting a high-speed SPI interface for the application controller.
The low-power module with range about (60 meter or so)Transceiver is available on a board with Arduino interface and built-in Antenna. Having two or more Arduinos be able to communicate with each other wirelessly over a distance opens lots of possibilities:
- Remote sensors for temperature, pressure, alarms, much more
- Robot control and monitoring up to 85 meters
- Remote control and monitoring of nearby or neighborhood buildings
Transceivers like these both send and receive data in 'packets' of several bytes at a time. There is built-in error correction and resending, and it is possible to have one unit communicate with up to 6 other similar units at the same time.
Note: We have tested this module in Future Electronics (Arduino Egypt) site with one tranceiver indoors and the other one outdoors and the communication distance was more than 85 meters
- Power Supply: 3.3 v
- On-board integrated pcb antenna
- 100m Range at 250kbps
- Ultra low power consumption – months to years of battery lifetime
- 250kbps to 2Mbit Data Rate
- Auto Acknowledge & Auto Re-Transmit
- Multiceiver - 6 Data Pipes
- Software selectable channel from 2400MHz to 2525MHz (125 Selectable channels)