This very long force sensitive resistor - over 2 feet - has a sensing area of 0.25x24". This FSR from Interlink Electronics will vary its resistance depending on how much pressure is being applied to the sensing area. The harder the force, the lower the resistance. When no pressure is being applied to the FSR its resistance will be larger than 1MΩ. This FSR can sense applied force anywhere in the range of 100g-10kg.
Two pins extend from the bottom of the sensor with 0.1" pitch making it bread board friendly. There is a peel-and-stick rubber backing on the other side of the sensing area to mount the FSR.
These sensors are simple to set up and great for sensing pressure, but they aren't incredibly accurate. Use them to sense if it's being squeezed, but you may not want to use it as a scale.
- Load capacity: 0 - 10 kg.
- Sensing area: 0.25x24" (44 x 635 mm)
- Overall length: 25" (635 mm)
- Robots sensing and robot skin
- Gripper arm force sensing
- Touch Pads (i.e. VR Gloves, Joysticks)
- Position feedback
- Alarm Systems
- Aerospace applications (pressure force distribution measurements)
- Airbag Force
Sparkfun hook up guide for force sensing resistor
Force sensing resistor Datasheet