ARDUIMU+ V3 (9DOF-3Axis-Gyro 3Axis Accel-3Axis Compass)
The ArduIMU+ V3 is the latest and greatest version of DIYDrones' smart IMU. This time they've made it smaller and faster by incorporating the new Invensense MPU-6000 3-axis gyro and accelerometer as well the 3-axis I2C magnetometer HMC-5883L in addition to the robust Arduino Atmega328 running at 16Mhz. This way the IMU is able to process everything internally.
This is the IMU used on Ardupilot, but it is not an Autopilot. it's just an orientation solution (the heart of an Autopilot) and can be used on anything you want to know it's orientation in respect to the ground, like boats, cars, rockets or even your dog.
The Ardu IMU has port for GPS and you can use our (SKM53- MediaTek MT3329 chip) GPS.
The most important is the open source arduino code with 9 axis motion data in rotation matrix or quaternion or Euler angle format
- Digital-output of 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format
- Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
- Reduced settling effects and sensor drift by elimination of board-level cross-axis alignment errors between accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Digital Motion Processing™ (DMP™) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization and gesture detection
- MotionApps™ Platform support for Android, Linux, and Windows, with Windows Phone platforms on the roadmap
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Digital input on FSYNC pin to support video Electronic Image Stabilization and GPS
- Programmable interrupt supports gesture recognition, panning, zooming, scrolling, free fall interrupt, high-G interrupt, zero-motion detection, tap detection, and shake detection
- User self test