Ardupilot APM 2.8
The Ardupilot APM 2.8 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. It can be used any fixed, rotary wing or multi-copter vehicle (even cars and boats)to obtain full autonomous control. It is also capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints..
This revision of the board has no onboard compass, as the compass should be placed far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. Instead the compass is associated with the uBlox high performance GPS module so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise source.
If you are using APM 2.8 with a GPS module that does not have a compass sensor, you must use a stand-alone external compass for full autonomy.
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- off-board GPS, uBlox LEA-6H module with Compass.
- Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.