Bus Pirate 3.6 (Universal Bus Interface & Harware Hack)
For every hardware hacker, there's the Bus Pirate. Learn about electronic interfaces at a very low level.The Bus Prate is a great hardware tool for serious electronics practice. It has so many applications ranging from communication between a PC and any embedded device over most standard serial protocols, which include I2C, SPI, UART, JTAG, 1-Wire, HD44780 LCD and MIDI- all at voltages from 0-5.5VDC.
In addition to all the above data conversions, Bus Pirate also can be used as frequency analyzers oscilloscope, logic analyzer, flash chip programming, AVR programming, FPGA and CPLD programming
Working with the Bus Pirate is simple and effective - type commands into a terminal on your computer, those commands are interpreted by the Bus Pirate and sent via the proper protocol. The Pirate will also interpret data sent from your embedded device back to your computer terminal.
- Supported protocols: 1-Wire, I2C, SPI, JTAG, Asynchronous serial, MIDI, PC keyboard, HD44780 LCD.
- 0-5.5volt tolerant pins
- 0-6volt measurement probe
- 1Hz - 40MHz frequency measurement
- 1kHz - 4MHz pulse-width modulator, frequency generator
- On-board multi-voltage pull-up resistors
- On-board 3.3volt and 5volt power supplies with software reset
- Bus traffic sniffers (SPI, I2C)
- 10Hz - 1MHz low-speed logic analyzer
- Scriptable from Perl, Python, etc.
- Enumerates as a virtual COM port over USB
- Can operate as AVR STK v2 clone programmer
- Programs FPGAs and CPLDs with alternate XSVF firmware
Bus Pirate Manual (LOTS of links, LOTS of information)