Gamduino (Game/VGA Monitor/Stereo Speaker) Adapter for Arduino
Gameduino is a game adapter for Arduino (or anything else with an SPI interface) built as a single shield that stacks up on top of the Arduino and has plugs for a VGA monitor and stereo speakers.
Through Gameduino, you can master the structure composition of sprite palette in the game, the way to move, rotate and display the background image, and the compiling principle of the game music code. In addition, you can also learn the principle in the game, such as collision against and destroying the enemy by bullets. Eventually you can master how to write game codes.
- Video output is 400x300 pixels in 512 colors
- Compatible with any standard VGA monitor (800x600 @ 72Hz)
- Audio output is a stereo 12-bit frequency synthesizer
- 64 Independent Voices 10-8000 Hz
- Sample Playback Channel
- 512x512 pixel character background
- 256 characters, each with independent 4 color palette
- pixel-smooth X-Y wraparound scroll
- each sprite is 16x16 pixels with per-pixel transparency
- each sprite can use 256, 16 or 4 colors
- four-way rotate and flip
- pixel-perfect sprite collision detection