This is a high-quality ultrasonic rangefinder sensor module. It can deliver data through I2C or UART exactly like Maxbotix sonar. In addition, it can be sued in triggered pulse mode similar to the low cost HC-SR04. .
Its working principle is: the sensor emits ultrasonic waves, after being reaching to the target object, the snsor receives returning acoustic wave (echo). Since the speed of sound is know, then the time difference is used to calculate the actual distance.
Module has 3 ways to read data: Serial UART (TTL level), I2C and pulse PWM mode.
The sensor can be used in the following applications:
- Smart robot.
- Teaching laboratory equipment.
- Production line product testing.
- Intelligent car parking.
- Working voltage: 3-5V.
- Resolution: 1cm.
- Response frequency: 15HZ .
- Measuring range: 20cm ~ 720cm.
- Built-in microcontrollercalculates distance
- Size: 21.5 * 21 * 24.5mm.
- Weight: 5g.