High Performance GPS UBLOX LEA-6H with Compass
ublox LEA-6H is by far one of the best GPS module available in market, significantly outperforms the Mediatek (skylab) GPS due to the larger antenna and next-generation chipset. An excellent solution for multicopters and rovers in particular, where GPS accuracy is important.
It features active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna, rechargeable backup battery for warm starts, and I2C EEPROM for configuration storage. The configuration file for work with ardupilot APM 2.6 is available in the repository.
This new design incorporates the HMC5883L digital compass, providing a convenient method of mounting the compass away from sources of interference that may be present in the confines of the vehicle.
Features and Specifications
- ublox LEA-6H module
- 5 Hz update rate
- 25 x 25 x 4 mm ceramic patch antenna
- LNA and SAW filter
- Rechargeable 3V lithium backup battery
- Low noise 3.3V regulator
- I2C EEPROM for configuration storage
- Power and fix indicator LEDs
- ArduPilot Mega compatible 6-pin JST connector
- 38 x 38 x 8.5 mm total size, 16.8 grams.