Liquid Level Sensor
The eTape Liquid Level Sensor from Milone Technologies is a great way to measure the level of a liquid. It has a resistive output that varies with the level of the fluid.
The sensor's envelope is compressed by the hydrostatic pressure of the fluid in which it is immersed. This results in a change in resistance that corresponds to the distance from the top of the sensor to the surface of the fluid.
The sensor's resistive output is inversely proportional to the height of the liquid: the lower the liquid level, the higher the output resistance; the higher the liquid level, the lower the output resistance.
- Sensor Length: 14.1" (358 mm)
- Width: 1.0" (25.4mm)
- Thickness: 0.015" (0.208 mm)
- Resistance Gradient: 150Ω / inch (59Ω / cm), ± 10%
- Active Sensor Length: 12.6" (320.7 mm)
- Substrate: Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Sensor Output: 2250Ω empty, 400Ω full, ± 10%
- Actuation Depth: Nominal 1 inch (25.4 mm)
- Resolution: 0.01 inch (0.25 mm)
- Temperature Range: 15°F - 140°F (-9°C - 60°C)