Ultrasonic Sensor (Range Finder)
This is an ultrasonic range finder module. It can be used to detect object and calculate its distance up to 5 meters. It is a low cost ultrasonic module with excellent performance. Can be used with arduino or pic microcontroller.
- Distance (Range): 2cm - 500cm
- Working Voltage : 5V(DC)
- Working Current : max 15 ma
- Working frequency : 40HZ
- Output Signal : 0-5V (Output high when obstacle in range)
- Sensor Angle : max 15 degree
- Accuracy : 0.3cm
Theory of operation
- Send 12us pulse to pin Trig, to start measurement
- The ultra sonic module will automatically send eight 40khz square waves, automatically detects whether there is a reflect signal
- When there is an reflect signal back, the Echo pin will output a high level, the duration of the high-level signal is the time (Techo) from untral sonic launch to return.
As a result, the Measured distance = (Techo * (Sound speed (340M/S))) / 2;