The DS1307N+ is a 64 x 8, serial, I2C real-time clock (RTC) in 8 pin DIP package. It is a low power, full binary coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar with 56bytes of NV SRAM. It has a supply voltage range from 4.5V to 5.5V, active supply current of 1.5mA and standby current of 200µA.
Address and data are transferred serially through an I2C bidirectional bus. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year information. The end of the month date is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days including leap year compensation valid up to 2100. The clock operates in either 24 hours or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator. The DS1307 has built-in power sense circuit that detects power failures and automatically switches to backup supply. Timekeeping operation continues while the device operates from the backup supply.
- UL recognized
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to 85°C
- Automatic power fail to detect and switch circuitry
- Timekeeping current of 300nA
- Completely manages all timekeeping functions
- 56byte, battery backed, general purpose RAM with unlimited writes
- A programmable square wave output signal
- Simple serial port interfaces to most microcontrollers
- Low power operation extends battery backup runtime
- Consumes less than 500nA in battery backup mode with oscillator running
- Applications: Clock & Timing