USB to TTL Converter - FT232RL FTDI Serial Module
FT232RL FTDI is a USB to TTL serial adapter allows you to connect TTL serial devices to a PC through a USB port. This adapter supports both 5V AND 3.3V operational , pin 3 on the 6 pin connector can be connected to the USB supply 5VDC or to the 3V3 regulator output on the FTDI chip.
In 5V mode the maximum current draw on this pin is approximately 500mA .
In 3.3V mode the maximum current draw on VCC is approximately 50mAThis board includes
- DTR PIN needed to auto-reset Arduino when downloading to your device.
- VCC PIN is ideal for powering small devices such as homemade circuits.
- CTS PIN Clear To Send - an input used for flow control
- GND PIN to GND on your device
- RX PIN IS Serial data Receive pin
- TX PIN IS Serial data Transmit pin
- RXD/TXD Transceiver communication indicator
NOTE: VCC PIN should not be connected when a device has a separate power supply as this may damage both devices.
For information about installing FTDI Drivers Click here
For FTDI Drivers Click here
For FT232RL datasheet Click here