GSM-GPRS Shield is an ultra compact and reliable wireless module. It is based on SIM900 4 Frequency GPRS module. The GSM-GPRS Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple AT commands.
You can use the 2 jumper block as switch on board to connect the SIM900 URAT post to any pins within D0-D3(for Hardware/Software serial port). You can use it to select the connection of the UART port or Debug port , even be set on on Arduino.
The shield allows you to achieve this via any of the three methods: Short Message Service, Audio and GPRS
The super capacitor power supply for the RTC. The RTC can work more than 1 days by the power supply of super capacitor. So the SIM900 can keep the time and day when power off.
- Fully compatible with Arduino uno and Mega.
- Free serial port connecting, you can select Hardware Serial port(D0/D1) control or Software Serial port(D2/D3) control it.
- SIM900 all pins breakout. Not just the UART port and debug port be layout.
- Super capacitor power supply for the RTC.
- Not only can use the button for power on , but also can use the digital pin of Arduino to power on and reset the SIM900 module.
- Quad-Band 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- Control via AT commands
- Supply voltage range : 3.1 … 4.8V
- Dimension: 68.33x53.09mm (Same dimension of Arduino main board)
- GSM-GPRS Shield
- Quad band Antenna