Light to Frequency converter
This is the TSL235R light-to-frequency converter from Texas Advanced Optoelectronics Solutions. When The Frequency to light converter detects light, it outputs a square wave (50% duty cycle) with frequency directly proportional to light intensity.
The device has been temperature compensated for the ultraviolet-to-visible light range of 320 nm to 700 nm.The TSL235R can be powered at anywhere between 2.7 and 5.5V, and will typically pull about 2mA of current.
It comes in a simple, 3-pin through hole package. No external components are necessary to use the converter, and the digital output allows direct interface to a microcontroller / arduino or other logic circuitry.
- High-resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency with no external components
- Communicates directly with a microcontroller or arduino
- Voltage range from 2.7 to 5.5 V
- Nonlinearity error typically 0.2% at 100kHz
- Stable 150 ppm/°C temperature coefficient