What is NFC (Near Field Communication)?
This module is not only RFID 13.5 Mhz Read/Write module but also it is NFC module.
NFC (Near Field Technology) is a short-distance radio technology that enables communication between devices that are held close together. NFC traces its roots in RFID technology and is an open standardized platform technology. It operates at 13.5 MHZ frequency and is widely used like RFID to recognize cards/tags (Mifare Cards / Tags)
The NFC/RFID 13.5 Mhz module is based on PN532, which is the most popular NFC chip. This chip is exist in every phone or device that does NFC.
NFC Module Features
- Small dimension and easy to embed into your project
- Support I2C, SPI and HSU (High Speed UART), easy to change between those modes
- read/write capability
- Support RFID reading and writing, P2P communication with peers, NFC with Android phone
- Up to 5cm~7cm reading distance
- On-board level shifter, Standard 5V TTL for I2C and UART, 3.3V TTL SPI
- NFC RFID Module
- RFID Card (13.5 Mhz)
- RFID Tag (13.5 Mhz)
- Jumper Wire
- Pin Header