This is one of the most popular camera modules for Raspberry Pi, it is 5 Mega Pixel and 130° wide angle fisheye lens (without lens the FOV is 72° only). The camera is based on high quality OmniVision OV5647 CMOS image sensor, and compatible with all Raspberry-pi versions.
This module is with built-in IR CUT lens and 2 LED lights, it works both during day time and at night ( or in dark condition, poor light conditions, etc), LED lights will trun on automatically in dark conditions.
- Omnivision OV5647 sensor
- 5MPixel sensor
- Still picture resolution : 2592 x 1944
- Max video resolution : 1080p
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Connection by flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector S5 on Raspberry Pi computer board
- Two IR 850 1W LED light for Night Vision
- Light detector sensor for triggering IR LED
- Fixed focal Lens
- 16cm ribbon cable
- Fisheye Lens for wide field of view
- Field of View : 130 degree (where for normal lens it is 72)
How to Use the infrared led module
Adjust the adjustable resistor to set a proper ambient light threshold, which toggles the infrared LED automatically. When ambient light is lower than threshold value, the infrared LED is on and vice versa.