UT-885 is a universal USB to RS-485/422 converter, there is no need of external power supply. It complies with USB, RS422, and RS-485 standards; it converts USB signal to a balanced differential RS-422 or RS-485 signal. This converter has zero delay auto receiving and transmitting conversion. UT-885 converter provides connection for point to point, point to multipoint communication. For point to multipoint mode, each converter is allowed to connect 32 sets RS-422 or RS-485 device with baud rate 300-921.6Kbps. The power and data flow indicators indicate the working status.
The USB to RS-485/422 converter adopt unique I/O circuit auto control data flow direction without any handshake signal (RTS, DTR); there is no need for setting for full duplex (RS-422) and half duplex (RS-485) mode, just plug & play.
The built-in fast instant voltage restraint is designed to protect RS-422/RS-485 interface; it adopts advanced TVS (TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR) instant voltage restraint. This protects the component of circuit from damage. This voltage restraint provides 600W each wire with lightning, ESD protection, and surge voltage, instant overvoltage protection on circuit which may be caused by any reason.
- Standards: USBV1.1, 1.0, 2.0, RS-485, RS-422 TIA/EIA
- USB signal: VCC, DATA+, DATA-, GND, FG
- RS-485 signal: T/R+, T/R-, GND
- RS-422 signal: T+, T-, R+, R-, GND
- Working mode: Asynchronous, point to point or point to multi-point, 2 wires half-duplex or 4 wires full-duplex
- Direction control: Adopts traffic direction auto control technology
- Baud rate: up to 921.6Kbps auto-detect serial signal
- Loading capacity: Supports point to multi-point communication, allows to connect 32 sets RS-422 or RS-485 device
- Transmission distance: 1200m
- Connector: USB-A male, RS-485/422 5-pin terminal block
- LEDs for indicating PWR TXD, and RXD activity
- Dimension: 62×33×16mm
- Operating temperature: -40℃ to 85℃