VL53L1X Time of Flight Sensor (4m Precision Distance Measurements)
The VL53L1X is can measure double the distance that The VL53L0X can measure without affecting the accuracy. Not only that but with faster response time.
It VL53L1X is a Time of Flight (TOF) distance measurements sensors. This sensor measures object distance accurately. It is named like that because VL53L0X can detect the "time of flight", or how long the light has taken to bounce back from the object to the sensor.
The sensor module is based on ST VL53L1X laser-ranging sensor, which measures the range to a target object up to 4 m away with 1 mm resolution. This time of flight using laser beam allows for accurate results whatever the color, shape and material of the target. This gives advantages over the object detection and distance measurements using ultrasonic and Infrared technology.
The sensor can be used in the following applications:
- Object detection with Robots (Robotics)
- Object detection in industrial applications and production lines.
- Hand detection in automatic faucets, soap dispensers, etc.)
- 1D gesture recognition
- User detection for personal computers/laptops/tablets and IoT (energy saving)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Ranging distance: 40 ~ 4000mm
- Resolution: 1mm
- Laser wavelength: 940nm
- I2C interface.